He is the same yesterday,
today, and forever.
There have been many prophetic words about healing over the Central Coast of California, so we knew God’s heart was to release a healing fountain here. Shortly after the Healing Rooms of Spokane, Washington, began reporting what God was doing there, Rick and Lori Taylor felt prompted to look into it. They traveled to Spokane to meet with their director, Cal Pierce, who shared his vision with them and invited them to see for themselves what the Lord was doing in their ministry.
The Taylors, convinced that God was calling them into the healing rooms ministry, began their training. However, the Lord told them to wait and to birth this in prayer. After seven weeks of prayer, He gave them eight key ingredients needed to have a healing ministry established here:
- We need to believe with all our hearts souls and minds that Jesus still heals today. He is the same yesterday, today and forever (Heb. 3:8).
- We must become desperate for the presence of the Lord.
- We must be broken.
- We must walk in humility. 1 Peter 5:5, “God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
- We must increase our prayer life, which includes praying in the spirit and practicing the presence of God.
- We must believe in unity; this is for the whole church inclusive of all denominations.
- We must know our identity in Christ and learn to walk in the authority of a believer.
- This must be a ministry of love. 1 Cor. 16:14, “Let all that you do be done with love.”
When they began in August of 2000, the Taylor’s had a team of twelve people praying two days a week. After the first year, they expanded to four days a week, loving how the Lord had put together a team from many different Central Coast Christian churches! As it says in Psalm 133, “Where there is unity the Lord commands the blessing.” On opening night, the presence of the Lord was strong, filling the room with a fragrance like crushed roses. His presence and the fragrance still come today as we pray!
The Lord has shown His favor in many ways including providing opportunities for the Taylors to share what God is doing at the Healing Rooms SMV via press interviews and guest appearances on radio and television shows such as TBN’s Praise the Lord, Sid Roth’s It’s Supernatural, The Harvest, GLC and more. Now, nearing two decades of ministry, the healing rooms is at the epicenter of our expanding family of ministries housed here at the Healing Rooms Apostolic Center.